Total Dietary Fiber - Enzymatic assay kit
Reference : K-TDFR
See General Referee Reports: Journal of AOAC INTERNATIONAL, Vol. 81, No. 1, 1998.
Fiber is a mixture of complex organic substances, including hydrophilic compounds, such as soluble and insoluble polysaccharides and non-digestible oligosaccharides, as well as a range of non-swellable, more or less hydrophobic, compounds such as cutins, suberins and lignins.
The procedures for the determination and analysis of total dietary fiber as outlined in the data booklet are based on the methods of Lee et al.1 and Prosky et al.2,3 (AOAC 991.43, AOAC 985.29, AACC 32-07.01 and AACC 32-05.01).
However, the enzymes in this Total Dietary Fiber Kit can also be used in other dietary fiber analytical methods such as AACC Method 32-21.01 and AACC Method 32-06.01.
1. Association of Official Analytical Chemists. (1985). Official Methods of Analysis, 14th ed., 1st suppl. Secs. 43, A14-43, A20, p.399.
2. Association of Official Analytical Chemists. (1986). Changes in methods. J. Assoc. Off. Anal. Chem., 69, 370.
3. Association of Official Analytical Chemists. (1987). Changes in methods. J. Assoc. Off. Anal. Chem., 70, 393.
Two separate methods are described in the associated data booklet:
- METHOD 1: DETERMINATION OF TOTAL, SOLUBLE AND INSOLUBLE DIETARY FIBER
- METHOD 2: DETERMINATION OF TOTAL DIETARY FIBER
Shipping Temperature: Ambient
Storage Temperature: Short term stability: 2-8°C,
Long term stability: See individual component labels
Stability: > 2 years under recommended storage conditions
Assay Format: Spectrophotometer
Detection Method: Absorbance
Signal Response: Increase
Limit of Detection: 0.5 g/100 g
Total Assay Time:~ 100 min
Method recognition: AACC Method 32-05.01, AACC Method 32-06.01, AACC Method 32-07.01, AACC Method 32-21.01, AOAC Method 985.29, AOAC Method 991.42, AOAC Method 991.43, AOAC Method 993.19 and CODEX Method Type I
- Very competitive price (cost per test)
- All reagents stable for > 2 years
- High purity / standardised enzymes employed
- Spreadsheet available
- Simple format