Search by analytical solutions
Food constituents, Enzymes
- Enzymatic Assay Kits
- Dietary Fibers Measurement
- Enzymatic Activity Dosage
- Chromogenic substrates
- Polysaccharides, Oligosaccharides
- Proteins & Western Blot
- Proficiency testing, reference materials
- Equipment and Chemical Products
- Dietary fibers
- Gluten, food allergens
- Food adulteration
- Oxydative stress, Antioxidant capacity
- Education, Bioanalysis
BQC kits, measure of oxidative stress, antioxidant capacity
Antioxidant capacity is an overall ability of organisms or food to catch free radicals and prevent their harmful effect.
LIBIOS proposes BQC Antioxidant Capacity assays kits. They are useful for the determination of this parameter in different sample types such as food and beverages or plasma.
There are two types of mechanisms to determine the antioxidant capacity on different matrices: electron-transfer (E-T) methods, which measure the ability of an antioxidant to reduce an oxidant, with a change of color (ABTS, FRAP, DMPD, CUPRAC) and hydrogen atom mediated (HAT) methods, which measure the ability of an antioxidant to eliminate free radicals through the donation of a hydrogen atom (they normally quantify peroxyl radicals; ORAC).
You find also in this range :
- Assay kits for quantification of endogenous antioxidant molecules as Thiols, (specifically GSH) which are one of the main antioxidants produced in the cell.
- Assay kits for quantification of exogenous antioxidant molecules as Polyphénols, Anthocyanines, Proanthocyanidines, which constitute a great part of our daily antioxidant intake.
- Assay kits for quantification of antioxidant enzymes: Catalase (main O2 scavenging enzyme), SOD, Fast SOD (Superoxyde dismutase, main H2O2 scavenging enzyme).
- And assay kits for reactive species and oxydation products : Nitrites, Nitrites/nitrates (by the sum of its final oxidized products: NO2 and NO3), LPO, MDA - TBARS (lipid oxydation), Protein carbonylation (modification of proteins by oxidized lipids that lead to misfunction.
For a very quick and total detection of antioxidant capacity of your samples (in less than one minute), discover our eBQC device.