Integrated Total Dietary Fiber - Enzymatic assay kit
Reference : K-INTDF
K-INTDF- An Integrated Procedure (AOAC Method 2009.01 & 2011.25) for the measurement of Total Dietary Fiber (including resistant starch and non-digestible oligosaccharides). This method combines the key attributes of AOAC Official Methods of Analysis 2002.02, 985.29, 991.43, 2001.03.
Specific dietary fiber fractions are measured as follows:
1. Insoluble dietary fiber (IDF), Higher Molecular Weight Soluble Dietary Fiber (SDFP) and Lower Molecular Weight Soluble Dietary Fiber (SDFS) determination (AOAC Method 2011.25)
2. Total High Molecular Weight Dietary Fiber (HMWDF) and SDFS determination (AOAC Method 2009.01)
The enzymes used in these methods are of very high purity; they are effectively devoid of contaminating enzymes active on β-glucan, pectin and arabinoxylan.
Method: Hydrolysis / removal of non-dietary fibre components
Total assay time: ~ 3 hr work (over 2 days)
Detection limit: 0,5-100% of sample weight
Method recognition: AOAC (Methods 2009.01 and 2011.25), AACC (Method 32-45.01 and 32-50.01) and CODEX (Type I method)
- The only method that is consistent with the CODEX Alimentarius definition of dietary fibre
- High purity / standardised enzymes employed
- All reagents stable for > 2 years
- Spreadsheet available
- Very competitive price (cost per test)